– Passengers who are citizens of the following countries, when entering Vietnam with a temporary stay of 15 days from the date of entry, regardless of passport type, entry purpose, on the basis of satisfying all conditions will be exempt from visas: Federal Republic of Germany, Republic of France, Republic of Italy, Kingdom of Spain, Union of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Russian Federation, Japan, Korea, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland and Belarus. This regulation is valid from March 15, 2022 to the end of March 14, 2025.
– Passengers who are foreigners within the framework of international treaties to which Vietnam is a member or are citizens of countries with visa-free policies on the basis of reciprocity with Vietnam are exempt from visas upon entry.
– Foreigners, overseas Vietnamese and their families (relatives) who have all valid documents (permanent residence card, temporary residence permit, visa, visa waiver) are allowed to enter Vietnam. Passengers specified above do not need to re-apply for separate personnel verification, visa issuance/visa waiver, and there is no need to apply for entry permit approval from the Immigration Office and the relevant local authorities.
Testing and vaccination requirements
– Passengers must have a negative test result for SARS-CoV-2 (except for children under 2 years old) before departure within 72 hours if using RT-PCR/RT-LAMP method or within 24 hours if using the rapid antigen test method for SARS-CoV-2 and certified by the competent authority of the country performing the test.
– Within 10 days from the date of entry, passengers self-monitor their health. If you have symptoms of SARS-CoV-2 infection (fever; cough; sore throat; runny nose, stuffy nose; body aches, fatigue, chills; decreased or lost taste; decreased or lost sense of smell; pain, headache; diarrhea; difficulty breathing; respiratory infection…) must immediately notify the nearest medical facility for guidance and timely management; take preventive measures: regularly wear a mask, disinfect hands with an antiseptic solution.
All passengers have to make medical declarations at tokhaiyte.vn before departure.
– Conditions for receiving a full dose of vaccine or recovering from Covid-19 disease:• The last dose administered within at least 14 days and not more than 12 months by the time of entry and have a Certificate of Vaccination/Vaccine Passport recognized by Vietnam (or certified by a relevant authority if such type of certification has not been recognized for direct use in Vietnam);
• Have a certificate of positive test by RT-PCR not older more than 6 months up to the time of entry and have a certificate of recovery from Covid-19 disease or an equivalent document issued by a relevant authority in the country/territory treating Covid-19.
– Testing and recognition of Immunization Certificates, Certificate of having recovered from Covid-19:• Certificate of vaccination/Certificate of recovery from disease abroad: comply with the instructions of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs;
• Certificate of vaccination/Certificate of recovery in Vietnam: follow the guidance of the Ministry of Health.
– Passengers on entry must pay for their own testing, medical isolation, medical examination and treatment, and other related expenses (if any).”
– Some information related to passengers entering on regular international flights as follows:
• Regarding to passengers who connect to domestic from international flights: according to the regulations of the Medical Quarantine department, passengers are allowed to take their domestic flights immediately after completing the international flights, no need to quarantine at Hanoi or Hochiminh city.
• Passengers who are foreigners and Vietnamese people holding foreign passports contact here for more support:+ Email: email@example.com
+ Guide, answer procedures for entry, exit and residence of foreigners: firstname.lastname@example.org
+ Guide and answer entry and exit procedures of Vietnamese citizens: email@example.com
+ Phone: 02438260114/ 02438264026 (Hanoi)/ 028.39200365 (Hochiminh city)
+ Procedures for applying for an entry permit can be found at the website: https://xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn
(Updoated according to official letter No.1265/BYT-DP dated March 15, 2022, No.32/NQ-CP dated March 15, 2022, No. 420/CHK-QLC dated January 28, 2022 of the Civil Aviation Authority of Vietnam)